AvaLonux, PhotaLonux, BookaLonux...

A Blog about...., Art, various Linux OS that I am stuffing my portable computer with, Photography in general and I am reading : La vampa d'agosto by Andrea Camilleri.

vendredi, mai 05, 2006

pinhole is great

Busy right now making my own pinhole camera. I build it around 4x5inch Sinar film holder that was collecting some dust. Have been looking at pinhole photos these last years along with the alternative photographic method, but never had the courage yet to make my own camera, but now I am doing it for real. I will try out the camera this weekend, using some old Tri-x sheet films that want to be used before they get out of date. Out of date films could make some nice photos too thought.
I am using wood for my camera, could have made it out of carton but wanted do make a box that I do not have to fix all the time and that I can use for long time and also if it rains. Working out the box, painting it black on the inside with triple matt painting so there is no danger of fogging the film by reflection of light, then on the outside some nice dark oak varnish to protect the wood.
Only problem is the shutter, I will use a black tape for the moment until I figure out to make a nice shutter out of wood. Been looking on the web and noticed that interest in pinhole photography has increased a lot, that is good. Some great photos on Flicr, realy state of the art pinhole photography some of them.
See HERE.
Well, back to building my first pinhole camera :-)

adopt your own virtual pet!